Falchi Pellegrini a Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada) 2007

Qui è possibile inserire le immagini provenienti dalle birdcam del mondo
Mariateresa

Messaggio da Mariateresa »

Li vedooooooooo!!! Allora oggi sono stati "bandati"? Ecco perché la cam non funzionava... ce ne sono tre incollati alla cam e il piccoletto non si vede.
Mariateresa
Mariateresa

Ahi ahi ahi, apprendo ora pessime notizie da questa cam!

Solo oggi leggo che il 19 giugno un pullino è caduto dal nido e non si sa che fine abbia fatto! Non bella, credo :shock: :( :( :(

Leggo inoltre:

Please note that the camera lens will be cleaned on Friday, June 22, during the banding giving us a clear view again.

Ma non erano già stati inanellati? Boh...

Sono molto triste e adesso è notte in Canada e non si vede nulla...
Mariateresa
Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

da Bev
Last Updated Tuesday, June 19, 2007 As you will all have seen, read, or surmised, one of the peregrine chicks died today. The chick tipped over the front edge of the nestbox and fell to its death. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching the webcam at the time, so all of you who phoned, e-mailed and posted the blog with information thank you for providing such good descriptions of what you saw. It has helped in my investigation of what happened to the chick. There has been some concern that the chick was perhaps injured by one of the adults, or one of its siblings. I found no evidence of any injuries of that sort on the chick. Others noticed that the chick was rolling on the gravel and that there appeared to be a "kink" in its neck. For some of you, this suggested a broken neck. It is unlikely, given the other behaviours that were reported. My concern is that the chick might have been suffering from a neurological problem and fell as a result of its distress. To that end, we will be sending the chick's body away for a necropsy (an autopsy) to see if we can determine if there was an underlying cause for the chick's strange behaviour prior to its death. When we hear anything, I promise to post a report of the findings here on the Peregrine Chick Blog. I will say that the chick was fully-developed (size, weight, physical development) for its age and showed no external signs of illness, or injury from attack. Wild creatures are very secretive when they are ill, or in pain, they don't advertise the weakness as it can put them at risk of predation. It also makes it extremely difficult to assess whether or not they are in distress. We also cannot subject them to examinations without the risk of compounding an existing health problem, or creating a new one. All we can do is watch for marked changes in their behaviour and respond the best we can. As for the other chicks, I removed them all from the nestbox and examined them. All of them looked fine and there were no injuries on any of them. All of them spat, hissed, clawed and bit me - a good sign of their growing independence and ability to protect themselves. With the exception of the littlest chick, they were all normal weight and size for their age. In fact, they looked exactly like the chicks we banded on Monday in Brandon. The littlest chick looks great, just smaller. S/he is the one who bit me and bit me hard. The parents were both present and supremely ticked that I was on the roof and anywhere near their chicks. I have no doubt that they will be just as annoyed when we band the chicks this Friday. The nestbox had the remains of a couple of gulls. Some of you noted that you could see wings, which I removed from the box when I was there. All of the surviving chicks were settled back in the nestbox and both parents were within 10 feet of the nestbox for most of the remainder of the evening. During the thunderstorm, the chicks were sitting up at the back of the nestbox, watching the light show (you could see them when the lightning lit up the box). We have had a lot of postings and questions to the Blog. I will try to answer all the questions, but it will take a little time so, if you don't see your question, check back

:cry:
Non bisogna giudicare gli uomini dalle loro amicizie: Giuda frequentava persone irreprensibili! (E.M.Hemingway)

http://www.provediemozioni.it/index.php ... ale&id=234
Roxy

Messaggio da Roxy »

Sonia ha scritto:da Bev
Last Updated Tuesday, June 19, 2007 As you will all have seen, read, or surmised, one of the peregrine chicks died today.

non aggiungo altro che questo.. :( :cry: :( :cry:
"Il gatto disse: non sono un amico e non sono un servitore. Sono il gatto che cammina da solo e desidero entrare nella tua tana." Rudyard Kipling
Niseema

Messaggio da Niseema »

Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin
città di residenza: Padova

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Immagineche tristezza :cry: :cry: :cry:
- São aves cheias de abismo,
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

Deve essere molto caldo, ansimano molto...

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Non bisogna giudicare gli uomini dalle loro amicizie: Giuda frequentava persone irreprensibili! (E.M.Hemingway)

Mariateresa

Ci riprovo...

Immagine

Ma è fantastico!!! Stasera mi funzia l'inserimento immagini!!!!!!!!

saranno stati inanellati oggi? Corro a leggere!
Mariateresa
Mariateresa

Non ho ancora letto... però:

Immagine

vedo il caratteristico anello.

Ed ecco Cammy/Beccuccio:

Immagine
Mariateresa
Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

:D :D :D

hai visto quando va dal alto opposto del nido e poi corre goffamente verso la cam?
che bellino...

Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

aletta e culetto di pullo!

:D

Immagine
Immagine

Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

Notte piccoli!

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

o meglio, notte a me :roll:
e buon pomeriggio a voi!
:wink:

Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

Ciao piccolini!

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine

:D

Suzu

Messaggio da Suzu »

rieccomi!
mi sono assentata un sacco causa esame ora posso respirare un poco e dedicarmi al forum :D
ma avete visto quanto sono cresciuti questi pulli???
non si riesce nemmeno a scattare una foto che li contenga tutti, anche perchè quel nido ha la volta veramente bassa per gli adulti
solo il più piccolo è in ritardo nella crescita però...

Immagine
Susanna
Sonia
Contatta:

Messaggio da Sonia »

Ciao Suzu e bentrornata!
In effetti il nostro attore è un pò ingombrante!
:wink:

Immagine

ps.
l'esame?
tutto ok?

Bloccato

Torna a “Altre birdcam 2007 (birdcams around the world)”