Qui è possibile inserire le immagini provenienti dalle birdcam del mondo

Moderatori: Passera, Giovanna, Giac, °°Gaia°°

Bloccato
Naliza70
città di residenza: Carugate - Milano

Messaggio da Naliza70 »

E' la prova che si è ben ripresa... :D
=:Annalisa:=

Per chi sorride ogni volta che guarda il cielo...
Per chi non puo' fare a meno dei suoi colori...
Per chi prova a guardare il mondo con occhi diversi...
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin
città di residenza: Padova

Messaggio da Giovanna »

The Queen sta bene e si gode la fine dell'estate nei luoghi che considera suoi. Ma dovrebbe venire un maschio che le sia ben accetto.
Un falco da solo è estremamente vulnerabile in presenza della coppia ormai stabilita dei due giovani (Archer&Beauty) nello stesso territorio.
La stagione è propizia, anche se di fatto i migranti sono giovani o sub adulti non adatti a formare una coppia con un falco adulto.. :roll:

Quest, l'ultima bimba va alla grande, vedi Imprints:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/

La cam che riprende la nuova coppia è attiva. Chi lo desidera può già ora aprire un altro thread dedicato a loro.
Personalmente, per irragionevoli motivi di affetto e/o di vecchiaia, non lo posso fare.. sorry!
- São aves cheias de abismo,
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Naliza70
città di residenza: Carugate - Milano

Messaggio da Naliza70 »

è affascinante vedere come dalla livrea del piccolo cambia in quella dell'adulto... in quella foto del 2009 è una splendida adulta, sembra che ti stia chiedendo di fotografarla, è in posa :D
=:Annalisa:=

Per chi sorride ogni volta che guarda il cielo...
Per chi non puo' fare a meno dei suoi colori...
Per chi prova a guardare il mondo con occhi diversi...
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

E' da un bel po' di tempo che non si vede Mariah..
Ma forse il falco avvistato ieri da Carol e Brian era veramente lei.
Regina solitaria, esiliata, lontana, in alto volo nell'azzurro immenso.
Non la vedremo mai più da vicino , temo, certo non da una web cam.
Solo questi report ci possono dare qualche notizia della sua possibile presenza.

Falcon Watch - Saturday - 9/19/09 - Falcon at Kodak Park.

From Rochester Falcon Watcher Carol P.

From 9-9:30 am, I sat in front of KP. Barely any birds were flying. My phone rang and it was Brian H. I picked him up and we checked out Hawkeye (no Kestrels), downtown Rochester (no Archer or Beauty), the building that Beauty and Zephyr hung out at (no Zephyr). Then back to the city. We were batting zero. No Falcons, barely any birds at all.

Around noon we headed back to Kodak Park. Brian H and I were watching a couple of Red-tail Hawks hunting the area. Then a white Mourning Dove buzzed through. Couldn’t tell if it was albino or not.

Just after this bird passed through, I looked back at the Research Lab bldg.
There was a bird flying just to the left of it. I yelled out “FALCON” to Brian
and we watched an adult Peregrine fly higher and higher, passing over us,
heading southeast seemingly on a hunt. It was definitely an adult Peregrine and I’m pretty darn sure I saw a split wing tip. :-)

The Falcon flew so high, we lost sight of it in the beautiful blue sky. No
clouds to help us keep it in sight.

I can’t be 100% sure that it was Mariah, but I hope it was.

We were soon joined by Kathy O and we waited for close to two hours hoping that the Falcon would return. While we waited, the Red-tails returned. A Kestrel flew over Kodak Park and a Sharp-shined Hawk hunted Pigeons there. It was a very eventful Watch.

I had to get going, so Kathy took Brian H downtown for another look and they found a Falcon on the top I-Beam of the old Changing Scenes Restaurant.

Carol P.

Ricordo che Carol e Brian sono i Falcon Watchers che l'hanno soccorsa e salvata il 12 aprile mentre si batteva ormai stremata contro Archer e Beauty, la nuova, giovane coppia che ha ormai preso stabile dimora a Rochester.
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Ieri l'ultimo report di Carol. Insieme a molti altri Falcon Watchers hanno identificato positivamente Mariah, dopo parecchio tempo, in splendida forma, in una zona periferica di Rochester.

Mariah at the Medley Center (aka Irondequoit Mall) on Saturday, October 24, 2009.

From Rochester Falcon Watcher - Carol P.

Well, its been a really long time since my last post. This is a Watch Report that I’ve been wanting to post for a very long time.

Yesterday, Dana reported seeing a Falcon at the Medley Ctr in Irondequoit, NY at noon. This is a suburb of Rochester, just north of the city. It was a dark, overcast day and she only had a small camera with her. When I enlarged the picture, I was pretty sure this bird was banded on the right leg. Now let’s speed to Saturday morning.

Dana called me just before 11 am. I was at work and I was just getting ready to leave. She and Lou had just watched a Falcon eating a Pigeon at the Medley Ctr, near Macy’s. When the Falcon finished eating, it flew to another part of the Mall, landing on top of a peaked, glass roof. She and Lou had to leave, so I told her that I would be picking up Brian soon and that we’d head over to the Mall.

The Falcon was still on the peaked glass roof of the Mall when we got there. I set up the new Watcher’s Scope (thanks everyone!) and we had our first close-up views. Brian said “I see a band on the right foot!” I took a look through the scope just in time to see the right foot come up for a quick scratch. “Blue with a yellow racing stripe!!!” Woo Hoo! It was Mariah and she was looking MARVELOUS!

As Brian and I were doing our happy Falcon dance, we started making phone calls to all the Watchers we could think of. Before long, Watchers started to arrive from near and far. Let’s see, there was Brian, Dan S, Larry O, Kathy O, Lisa McK, Dawn, Joyce, Ginny, Dana, Lou, Lynda and Carol P. I think that’s everyone.

While we were Watching Mariah, a car pulled up. It was Cornpoppy! He had a friend with him and had just been on his way to Sears, when he saw some familiar folks just milling around the parking lot with binoculars, cameras and a scope.

Mariah made some short flights around the Mall, returning to the glass peaked roof three times. The last time she flew off was around 3:00 pm. She headed east where we lost sight of her.

John Carlos arrived just after Mariah left.

She looked wonderful, no evidence of the wound on her chest. This was the first time we had been able to positively ID Mariah since she left the downtown area. I’ll bet you all know where the Falcon Watchers will be tomorrow morning. ;-)

So many thanks to Dana for being the first one to spot Mariah at the Medley Mall!

UPDATE: Below is the URL to a KGallery Album with pictures from today’s watch. No sign on needed. Enjoy! Carol P.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/cre ... ken=177714\
154805%3A1331327141

or tiny url:

http://tinyurl.com/ylabqwj

Le foto parlano da sole! Cliccare il secondo url, il primo funziona sul sito, ma non qui.

A big hearty thank you to Carol and all!!!
:D :D :D :wink:
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Mariabi

Messaggio da Mariabi »

:D :D :D :D
Senza parole, emozione non basta a descrivere quello che provo a vedere quelle foto....l'ho sempre seguita. da lurker e mi ha sempre affascinata...vederla ora dopo tutto quello che ha passato allarga il cuore...
Go Mariah !!!!! Determinazione, bellezza dignità tutto in lei è superlativo :D :D :D :D :D
Grazie Giovanna degli aggiornamenti.
Maria
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Quando controllo il sito ho sempre un peso e un senso di tristezza..
Mariah è nei miei pensieri, eppure la sento lontana e temo per lei.
Ma the Queen riesce sempre ad essere oltre ogni aspettativa, proprio come dici tu, Maria!
:D :D :D
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Vanna

Messaggio da Vanna »

Grande Mariah!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Thank you again and again to Carol!

Ancora belle e simpatiche foto di Mariah in forma smagliante! :D :D :D

http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/

Foto
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/cre ... 3A81044749

Intanto Quest, l'ultima bimba, sta sempre sul grande lago Ontario.
Considerando che ha passato tutto lo scorso inverno tra Nantucket e Cape Cod, mi sembra una ragazza che ama molto le grandi distese d'acqua! :D :wink:

http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Bel report di Carol! :D :D :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariah at the Mall and St. Ann’s - 10/27/09 (3:15 - 4:20 pm)
A Halloween Watch - 10/31/09.

Well, as you saw from my tweet, we saw Mariah at St Ann’s today. First I checked downtown. I scoured the area and had no luck finding a falcon. Although we’ve had recent sightings of a falcon assumed to be Beauty over the past few days. Jim P had a falcon on the communication tower on Thursday. Brian H had one on the communication tower Friday afternoon, he thought Beauty. Joyce had Beauty on old Changing Scene’s this afternoon. I have to start wondering if MAYBE Archer has left the area.

OK, time to head for St Ann’s and Medley Mall. I was sitting on the north side of the square St. Ann’s when the pigeons took off. I watched them swerve here and there and then, MARIAH! WooHoo! The Queen was in full chase mode. She chased a few of them over the woods where I lost sight of them, heading towards the Medley Center.

I waited for awhile, but she didn’t return. So, I decided to head over to the mall. She wasn’t there, but I did spot fellow Watcher Dan S. He was just leaving, so I followed him back to St Ann’s. We found Mariah on an antenna at the top of the circular St Ann’s (which by the way is not coming down for a couple of years). She stooped to the south and flew back and forth over Rochester General Hospital. We lost sight of her, so we weren’t sure if her hunt was successful.

Did I mention it was raining the whole time? and very, very windy. Lots of leaves blowing everywhere.

Kathy O joined us and we went back over to the mall. After about a 1/2 hour, Dan said his goodbyes and Kathy and I returned to St. Ann’s, back on the north side.

Mariah was back. She was imitating a kite so well, just floating above the square St. Ann’s bldg. How does she do that!!! It’s as if she isn’t moving a muscle, just hanging on the wind. The pigeons weren’t happy and all took flight. Mariah didn’t seem interested, so we can only assume that she had been successfull on her earlier hunt.

She gracefully floated off towards the north. Kathy and I waited for her to return, but she didn’t."

http://rfalconcam.com/falconwatching/?p=343#comments

Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Bloccato

Torna a “Altre birdcam 2009 (birdcams around the world)”