Il Pale Male di NYC

Qui è possibile inserire le immagini provenienti dalle birdcam del mondo
Roxy

Messaggio da Roxy »

ci sono notizie da Lincoln?
"Il gatto disse: non sono un amico e non sono un servitore. Sono il gatto che cammina da solo e desidero entrare nella tua tana." Rudyard Kipling
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin
città di residenza: Padova

Messaggio da Giovanna »

No, Roxy, ma chiederò prox settimana. Stasera gli scrivo anch'io. Comunque il sito è sempre là. :D

May 15, 2007

"Am I not the most handsome hawk you've ever laid eyes upon?" L

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
L, thx to be there!Immagine

http://www.palemale.com/may152007.html
- São aves cheias de abismo,
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Roxy

Messaggio da Roxy »

[quote="Giovanna"]No, Roxy, ma chiederò prox settimana. Stasera gli scrivo anch'io. Comunque il sito è sempre là. :D

e' passato altro tempo... nesun cenno da Lincoln? e' tornato su suoi passi?
"Il gatto disse: non sono un amico e non sono un servitore. Sono il gatto che cammina da solo e desidero entrare nella tua tana." Rudyard Kipling
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Riporto l'ultimo post di Bobby (27 maggio):
"Lincoln spends a lot of time visiting RTH nests with babies..therapy..
first is one of 3 at st. john's church, second is one of 2 at greenwood cemetary"
Secondo lui, la terapia funziona! :D
Immagine
Immagine
Thx, Bobby :!: :D
Vedi splendida sequenza at
http://www.palemale.com/may272007.html
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Non me la sento di tradurre. Chi può abbia la pazienza di leggerlo, ne vale la pena. Lincoln è assolutamente unico.
"I overheard a tour-guide at the south end of the Great Lawn early Sunday morning;

“Central Park has a problem with Canadian (Canada) Geese so they introduced a program to get rid of them using specially trained dogs.”

A glance through random faces of the group showed that they found the tidbit of information amusing. I imagined seeing them repeating that interesting fact at coffeehouses back in their hometowns which may kindle cherry conversations centered on how Man uses his ingenuity to control and dominate the weaker forms of life on this planet.

Much earlier that very morning I recalled the beautiful image of two Canada goose couples peacefully foraging on the dewy lawn along with various other birds. My only worry as I saw their beaks to the grass was what horrible effect the obnoxious chemicals used to treat the grass may have on them.

There was a promise of rain later in the day but presently the Sun was out with a steady but subdued brilliance--the sky not exhibiting even a small patch of blue. My mind wandered skyward and I imagined I saw a single raindrop forming. I fancied watching it contain itself into a tiny universe of its own--that round colorless bead of water which wrapped the light of all the heavens into its arms. Then I watched it as it began to fall earthward charged with a duty commanded with all that is right. The little raindrop gained momentum not knowing how, yet it dashed toward the Great Lawn with vigor and heartiness and struck one single blade of grass and sucked into its mouth a tiny portion of the poison that was thoughtlessly put there to make the lawn ‘beautiful’.

With much less energy but no less heart it held onto the parcel of poison and rolled down the blade of grass and wound its way into the grains of soil. Its travel became less wild and all was quiet even though there was a bustling spirit all around it from the other droplets of water executing similar duties.

My little raindrop traveled steadily into the stomach of the Earth caressing and quenching and cooling the myriad of roots and cells and creatures as it carried its parcel of poison deeper into the Earth until it found itself one day moving rapidly in an underground current which reminded him somewhat of his wonderful dash from the sky, though not as thrilling. Soon he found himself Upstate New York in the Croton Reservoir bombarded from every direction with other poisons and chemicals agents fruitlessly attempting to make him let go his hold on the parcel of poison he enveloped back on the Great Lawn. Other droplets succumbed to the torture but my little droplet persevered and soon found himself through the horrific water treatment system. Having now left the natural veins of the Earth my little friend prepared for a less happy journey through a network of artificial conduits. Though the new ride was not as thrilling he consoled himself throughout his long journey with the worthy mission with which he was charged. The time passed more swiftly than he had anticipated and before long he could hear the noises of the open air once again. He was rushing through iron pipes narrowing in girth along the way and branching off into many directions. But his direction was predetermined and on course--toward a pipeline running back into Central Park. He could feel the temperature drop suddenly--it was a water-cooler through which he was to reveal himself to the open air once more. His heart lifted as he grew anxious to feel the Earth’s breezes once again. There were many attempts even in this final stretch to snatch his parcel of poison from his strong grasp but all had failed. Propelled by electric pumps he plunged up and out of a gaping spigot into the open air for a few moments before he was sucked into the pouted lips of a thirsty Douglas Blonsky--chief poisoner. Into this human body where once again all was dark for my little droplet friend, a new restless journey had begun for him.

He was now compelled to release his parcel which he did with pleasure. The poison gaining its liberty hastened into the myriad of veins and vessels having itself now embarked on its own commission to do what I cannot even imagine. But judging between the innocence of those grazing geese and the maliciously selfish behavior of the poisoners, I can only expect from the fair Universe, the best recompense for the former and the worst punishment for the latter."

Riportato da Bobby on the Cleveland message board. Thx, Bobby!
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Roxy

Messaggio da Roxy »

Giovanna ha scritto:Non me la sento di tradurre. Chi può abbia la pazienza di leggerlo, ne vale la pena. Lincoln è assolutamente unico.
questo va tradotto con attenzione e un po' di ispirazione.. troppo bello e poetico per riassumerlo o storpiarlo troppo ... adorabile Lincoln... Ho la sensazione che sia un signore avanti con l'eta' di quelli che vorresti adottare come nonni (o nel mio caso come genitore) perche' e' troppo affascinante per non averci niene a che fare!!
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Qui si spiega la frustrazione di Lincoln.
Sono arrivati a considerare gli hawks animali pericolosi!
NYS DEC:
Barbara Loucks: 518 402-8863
Peter Nye (Barbara’s supervisor): 518-402-8924.

Email the NYS DEC Commissioner Pete Grannis: dpaeweb@gw.dec.state.ny.us

625 Broadway
Albany, NY 12233-1011
518-402-8540

Christopher Nadereski: (914) 773-4472

NYC DEP Commissioner Emily Lloyd
Click here to fill out a letter to Emily Lloyd.

I acknowledge that Palemale & Lola are just two ordinary hawks to most of these people but please realize that they are a good focus point to expose the mistreatment and careless attitude given to other wild animals which are not as visible. Let us show the above people that we care about innocent animals even if they have no voice. Ask the people above in your own way why they turned their backs on Palemale & Lola.

I finally reached Barbara Loucks recently who appeared to have accidentally picked up her phone and showed signs of discomfort speaking to me. I asked her to answer some questions for me:

Phone call to Barbara Loucks;

Q: Do you have plans to retrieve the eggs from Palemale & Lola’s nest for analysis.
A: No, we decided that we are not going to get involved with that nest anymore. Red tailed hawks are not endangered.

Q: Why did you promise initially to retrieve the eggs early and have suddenly changed your mind? Upon this question she refused to continue the conversation and a few moments later her supervisor Peter Nye came on the phone.

Continued conversation with Peter Nye.

Lincoln: I am trying to get some questions answered about why the DEC is no longer attempting to retrieve the eggs from Palemale & Lola’s nest for analysis.

Peter Nye: I told Barbara to drop this case since Red Tails are not endangered and there are too many of these hawks for my department to waste any time on this one.

Lincoln: Why did your department get involved in the first place.

Peter Nye: Because at that time there was a lot of public pressure to get the nest back and we intervened to help out the situation.
Lincoln: And now there is no more ‘public pressure’ and also no media coverage so you are no longer interested? Peter: I never wanted to get involved with this case and was always against it. I think it was a mistake to get involve.

Lincoln: Since you did get involved don’t you think you should be obliged to at least offer some kind of help since your department did approve this structure which I strongly believe is responsible for the nest failure?

Peter Nye: No we are not going to do anything more with this nest.

Lincoln: Can you offer some advice as to who I can get to help fix this badly designed nest?

Peter Nye: Why don’t you contact the Audubon Society?
Lincoln: I guess you may not know how laughable that suggestion is. I appreciate your talking to me but I want you to know that I am very upset with how your department handled this situation and I’ll continue to do what I can for these poor animals.

Please call these people and see if you can get a better explanation for their heartless behavior.

New York State DEC:

Barbara Loucks: 518 402-8863
Notes on Barbara;
1. Through a request from Dr Ward Stone she promised to retrieve Palemale & Lola’s eggs in April 2007 and then purposely left them to rot.

Barbara demonstrated a horrible attitude toward protecting this nest in the past. She refused to take any effective action on the 927 Fifth Ave building management when they attempted to disrupt Palemale & Lola’s nest on March 22, 2006 under the pretense of ‘window washing’. At the time Lola was sitting on eggs for almost two weeks. She completely accepted the building’s excuse that;
a. “I was not aware of any hawk’s nest on the building” the building manager.
b. “I didn’t see those hawks for two or three months so I thought they left” the building superintendent.

Peter Nye (Barbara’s supervisor): 518-402-8924.
Notes on Peter;
He told me he instructed Barbara not to remove the eggs because red tail hawks are not important enough to utilize their time.

New York City DEP:
Christopher Nadereski: (914) 773-4472

Notes on Chris Nadereski;
He also promised to remove the eggs early enough for an effective analysis but kept postponing it until we see now that he never had any plans to do so.

“Those hawks are dangerous animals and should not be nesting so close to humans”
this is an exact quote from Chris to me during a phone conversation in 2006.

http://www.palemale.com/nysdecnycdep.html

Anche
http://www.palemale.com/june32007.html
dove tra l'altro dice:
If a natural disater was the result of their nest failure I won't be as troubled for them. But my sadness comes from my strong belief that the nest failure is due to that carelessly contrived structure which is holding up their nest. My sadness turns to frustration when the individuals and organizations who can do something to remedy this sad situation is not doing anything about it. And my frustration turns to anger when certain individuals undermine my efforts to reveal the deceipt and pure evil from these people.

Vorrei trovare un modo per combattere insieme a lui.
Immagine
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Roxy

pale male

Messaggio da Roxy »

ho trovato questo video su you tube...l'avevi gia' visto gio'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M8JU8EezjE
Suzu

Messaggio da Suzu »

ma è un falco raro? io ho almeno tre manuali dedicati agli uccelli e in nessuno di questi ho trovato nitizie su questo rapace... :(
Susanna
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

No, Suzu, non è per niente raro negli States. PM è il suo nome personale.
Pale Male is a Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) who is beloved by New York City birders and who has attracted widespread notice in the press. He was named by the birdwatcher and author Marie Winn, due to his unusually light coloring. The first Red-tailed Hawk known to have nested on a building (rather than in a tree), he was the subject of an episode of the PBS series Nature [1]. Pale Male is fourteen years old (as of 2006) and is known to have sired twenty-six chicks with four mates.
Non credo ce ne siano in Europa. Sono spesso siglati RTH.
Ma Lincoln si batte per questa coppia speciale che ha deciso di abitare nel centro di Manhattan, ma, come vedi sopra, non viene aiutata.
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Suzu

Messaggio da Suzu »

allora probabilmente è raro in europa, perlomeno illustri guide ornitologiche non ne fanno cenno... anche se spero nella guida della Muzzio dedicata interamente ai rapaci che devo ancora acquistare!
Susanna
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Penso non esista proprio in Europa. Se ce n'è qualcuno, è stato importato dagli States. Ma non viene usato in falconeria, a differenza del suo affine Parabuteo unicinctus, falco di Harris, che è molto amato per la sua intelligenza e capacità di adattarsi rapidamente al rapporto con gli umani. Però anche questo è originario del Nord America.
Il thread sul Pale Male è iniziato nel vecchio forum
https://www.birdcam.it/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 56&start=0
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: pale male

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Roxy ha scritto:ho trovato questo video su you tube...l'avevi gia' visto gio'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M8JU8EezjE
No, Roxy, grazie, non lo conoscevo. :D
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Giovanna
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Giovanna »

Finalmente, dopo che il nipotino del Pale Male è tornato a casa, tutto ritorna alla normalità. I suoi genitori, PM jr. e Charlotte, lo hanno riconosciuto e lo nutrono. Il piccolo è ormai in grado di volare bene.
Go, Lincoln! And never give up!!! :D :D :D

June 21 2007

Palemale Jr. & Charlotte's little baby is flying very well and covering an impressive amount of ground.
Immagine
Today I found him/her in Sheep Meadow.
Immagine
Immagine
ImmagineImmagine
Sleep little pal and dream about flying through the clouds, happy and free.
(Lincoln)
Como nos sonhos as há.
- Fernando Pessoa
Roxy

Messaggio da Roxy »

Giovanna ha scritto:Penso non esista proprio in Europa. https://www.birdcam.it/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 56&start=0
e' sicuramente una variante locale d'altra parte l'aggiunta latina che richiama la giamaica qualcosa vorra' pur dire....

comunque il piccolo e' una bellezza ... anche se non ha la delicata sfumatura di colore che da dato il nome al suo famoso nonno...
a chiunque suggerisco di visitare il sito di pale male.. anche se non si ha grande dimestichezza di inglese e lincoln scrive in modo cosi' lirico da rendere difficili le traduzioni -si ha paura di rovinare la bellezza di quel che scrive in inglese- ci sono una marea di foto e non solo dei falchi dalla coda rossa Red tail hawk... ma di tutti gli abitanti di central park che essendo molto grande e' un vero mondo nel mondo... un pezzetto di mondo semiselvatico dentro a una metropoli ... ci sono gli animali residenti, scoiattoli cigni anatre e falchi ed altri ma anche i migratori... certe foto di anitre nel laghetto immerse nel rame fuso dei riflessi di un rosso tramonto sull'acqua di un lago.... l'esressione di uno scoiattolo le foto di un uccello cardinale su un ramo...(ora non vorrei confondere un sito con un altro ...visto che la mia curiosita' spesso mi porta a sbirciare nei siti anche solo fotografici---- ma ragazzi ricordo che le foto erano una meraviglia) andateci ci perderete una splendida ora....e forse un po' di piu'... :lol:
Bloccato

Torna a “Altre birdcam 2007 (birdcams around the world)”